Monday, December 31, 2012

So long Sparkles!


It’s hard to believe that it is the end of 2012. I can honestly say that this year has kicked my ass. Well mostly just December. We had some amazing things happen to us this year, such as my wonderful husband graduating Cal Poly and getting hired by an amazing company. Then we were able to move closer to home and my kids both enrolled in two awesome schools. My son is so blessed to be in Miss Stephs class over at Grover Heights. They have been one of the consistent things in his life since this whole mess started. They are amazing teachers, every single one of them, and we are so lucky William has a safe, fun and educational place to go every day. I thank you, Miss Steph, for taking care of my baby when I could not be there for him. The pictures you sent me when I was away made my days and you seriously go above and beyond for your students. Every single one of those boys are blessed to have you for a teacher!(I hope you are following my blog J)

Jillian had an amazing day today. We got to spend most of the day with my parents and my niece and nephew. Jilly got to go out to pizza with her Papa and she had so much fun (although there was tons of washing of the hands and such) She did so well on her outings and still insists that her tummy doesn’t hurt and we are not seeing any other bad symptoms. We all went to toys r us and she picked out a toy that she had wanted and didn’t get for Christmas.We also got her one of the Brat dolls that are made especially for Cancer. The doll is awesome and comes bald and with a beanie. She really likes it and it is actually looking like she is excited about her hair loss. Which is REALLY starting to happen now. It’s tough to see clumps of hair fall out every time I brush it but we all knew this would happen.
We are very cautious about where we take her and we use lots of hand sanitizer and wipe down anything she may touch.  Hopefully she did not catch anything on her outings today. I don’t want to treat her like she has to be put in a bubble for the rest of her life and I want her to be able to do some of the same things she has done in the past. It’s no life if all you are worrying about is staying away from places and people. We use caution and I hope that is enough.

We love spending time with Jillys cousins. Jilly was acting silly with her cousin Sammy today at dinner (linner lol) it’s so nice to see when her personality is still there. Sometimes she looks so down and just not herself.But today that was not the case! Love these girls! Mrs. Napkin Head and The Walrus

We got our time and day for our next clinic visit. It’s on Wednesday at 10:30, which means another long early drive for Jill and I. I need to schedule these appointments later so we can get more sleep. But this just means we will be home later. We are just doing a check up with the doctor and some blood work. I’m confident all will go well and we will be home the same day.

So today is the last day with our kitty Sparkles. She is just too much to handle right now with everything else we have going on. Plus for some strange reason she scratched Jillian yesterday and broke skin. It wouldn’tbe that big of a deal but Jilly’s immune system is not where it should be and we do not want to risk any infections. So we are giving her away to a wonderful family, we are hoping she fits in perfectly with them and if she doesn’t they are so nice enough to find her a home. Just a headache thats hard to deal with right now. We are very sad to be getting rid of her because we really love Sparkles, had we known Jilly would have gotten sick we would have never adopted her. So long Sparkles! You were a great cat and will be dearly missed.Thank you to the Norling Family for taking in our kitty!

1 comment:

  1. Rosemary,

    I recently heard about Jilly's diagnosis and just found the blog today. My son and I sat down and read the whole story from beginning to end tonight. I am impressed, but not surprised, by how well your family is adapting to the stress and chaos. The Garcia family has always been one of my favorites and this is largely due to how amazing you both are as parents. Glad you made it to South County (yeah... it's way better down here.. haha) and I am not too far away. Let me know if I can do anything. I can make dinner or dessert!
    As far as Miss Jilly, that child always was a tough cookie/fighter/stinker and I know this has, and will continue, to serve her well. If anyone can conquer cancer, it is her!

    Sending love (and "Hi"s to Jilly and William),

    Heather Agrusa

    ReplyDelete