Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thanks for the dinner


First off I wanted to say thanks so much to Melanie and her family for a great dinner tonight! How nice it is to not have to worry about making dinner and just throwing something in the oven. Jillian loved it. My mother also made us lasagna so I was able to make that along with your dish. I so appreciate the food, it really does make my day easier. Thanks sister for organizing the food calendar. If anyone is interested in participating please just email me at team.jilly4@gmail.com and I can forward your information to my sister.

Today was another slow day for us. I so love having Jillian home even if we lay around in our pjs all day. William was a bit difficult again. He gets really restless when we are home but I still get nervous taking Jillian out so I wanted to have a mellow day. William was not happy about that! Thank goodness my parents came to the rescue and picked William up and took him to their house for a while. Daniel is picking him on his way home from work. My niece Sammy came again for the week to help with William. We are so lucky she has given up her Christmas break to come and help us. She is studying to work with special needs kids and man does this girl have the patience for that line of work. Love you Sammy and I am looking forward to the help this week! William is still out of school till next Monday. I can’t wait for his school to start back up. He does so much better when he has his schedule with school and therapy. Once that starts all back up I’m hoping his behaviors will improve too.

I’m not sure when our next clinic visit is. I am guessing on Tuesday because they have not called yet. I’m hoping it is not tomorrow since we are so far away I hope they would be considerate enough to give us some heads up. Maybe they will only want to see us on Friday because Jillian is doing so well. I think I forgot to mention (sorry if I have already) that we received a few envelopes the day we went to Stanford for clinic. One was from Jillian’s amazing class from New Life Preschool. Ms. Sheere and all Jillian’s friends sent her a book, a picture they drew and some art. She loved seeing something from her school and I pointed at all the kids names and art work. She was really happy. Also we got an adorable butterfly that Jillian wants to put up in her room from Pat over at Cal Poly. Thank you for thinking about Jillian. She loves to receive mail and loved the butterfly!

I am not sure what is on the agenda for tomorrow. Jillian’s moods have been good and she has been feeling really well. Maybe a park adventure would be good for her. I enjoyed taking her to the park yesterday because she was able to exercise her leg more. It still hurts her and she cant keep up with her brother or cousin but at least she is walking on it. When we were at the hospital she didn’t want to walk from her bed to the bathroom, this is probably also because we spoiled her and held her everywhere. Since we have been home she is using it more so that’s great. Hoping as treatment continues the pain will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment