Sunday, December 23, 2012

Exhausted

I'm finding today to be very exhausting. It could be the fact that its just Jill and I here today but its not like our day had any strenuous activities going on. Could just be that I am mentally exhausted and that its coming on day 20 of being in the hospital tomorrow. Could be that I have been so far away from my son for so long and I am longing for the mundane life we had three weeks ago. I don't know exactly what it is but man I'm I tired. I am barely even getting around to blogging today and I was half tempted to just skip it all together.

Jill and I had a very relaxed day. We went on a few walks, did a couple of activities and just hung out. I made her walk more on her leg to exercise it. It still hurts her but the doctors say its good for her to walk on it. I think the chemo is really helping too. She was fun today, still high spirits and a good appetite. She asked for her dad and grandma all day and is excited that her dad decided to head back here tonight rather than waiting till tomorrow. Looks like he is bringing some Christmas gifts so we can celebrate Christmas a little here. I don't think she needs anything else but we don't just want to treat it like another day. Tuesday should be special even if we are stuck here. She's been a lot more tired today than she was the last few days. I worry now that when fatigue sets in that it has to be because of low counts somewhere. I would have required them to do some blood work but we are scheduled for it tonight anyways. Crossing my fingers for good numbers.

My brother in law, Michael, stopped by tonight and Jillian was really excited to see her Tio. He brought many gifts from the Gamboa family and Jillian wanted to say thanks to Miss Josie, Jandro, Adrian and Mateos Tia Rosa for the many things they got her! We appreciate everything. It was nice to have some company for the short while and great to see a familiar face. Thanks for coming by.

We got a few things in the mail yesterday that I forgot to mention. Thanks for the Christmas cards from Reed (it was very heartfelt!) and from Diana Aldrich and her family! Jillian loved the pictures from the kids and they are hanging up in her room. Thanks for thinking about us. So glad that we have remained friends after all these years.

As far as news from the doctors go, there wasn't too much today. The attending on this week came by and basically told me that Jillian's looking good and responding to treatment really well. They haven't found any blasts in her blood lately so that's a great thing. She pretty much told me to get ready to fight like hell these next couple of years and that its going to be a hard road but Jillian's prognosis is good. Lets hope! We are ready for the fight and Jillian is feisty enough to take this thing on. :-) blood work comes back in the morning so we will know what her numbers look like then. Till then I just want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas Eve eve.

Here's Jillian opening her gifts and her pictures from Jack and Allison.





1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad jillian likes the pictures :) she must feel so special when she gets her very own mail. And Its no wonder you're exhausted, with all that's going on, but its nothing you cannot handle. You girls are tough! I know Christmas will be special, hospital or not you and your family are in the thoughts and prayers of so many it will be impossible not to feel the love! I am so happy Jill's prognosis is so good, and with all that's going on in her little body her sweet smile is saying 'its cool I got this!' You can see her determination to beat this! You guys are always in my thoughts....

    ReplyDelete