Thursday, December 20, 2012

A day of traveling


Sorry for the late post. I spent the whole day traveling to Santa Maria and back. Picked up my mother and we are back here with Jilly. It was hard leaving her all day, she called me a few times and once she was crying. I don’t think I will be leaving her again. It was nice to get a bit of a break even if it was spent in the car most of the day. I got to see William which was awesome. That kid looked like he grew a two feet! He is huge. I guess when you go weeks without seeing your kid they don’t look the same way as you remember. Can’t wait to head back home again! This time I’m not leaving without Jilly!

We got some results back today. Our second opinion test for the Ph+ came back positive, again. We were hoping for different results but were ready for the same. It’s still hard to fathom the fact that our baby is sick but she is and we will just get through it. Her ANC came back zero this morning. Which means she has basically no immune system, again. We had a rough night last night. She did her blood work and her hemoglobin came back low. Which meant she got a blood transfusion last night. She responded fine to the transfusion but I was up most the night watching her and reading her test results. The doctors told me to not worry too much about her number being zero. Apparently this is just the way chemo works. Her numbers will bottom out and she will need a transfusion then her number will go back up. This whole mess is exhausting but im sure we will get used to it.

Jilly and her dad spent the day together while I was gone and they met Willie Mays. Daniel did not remember to take a picture BUT we did get an autograph. He said Jilly wasn’t too excited about meeting him, lol but Daniel was super stoked! Here’s his autograph!
 
So I was told today that I have many readers following Jillians story. I was not aware of how much support and readers I have! Thank you to everyone who has followed us. I will try to post daily but I am sure everyone understands it can get difficult on some days. And some days there’s not much going on! Thanks for the visit today Nat and Martha! It was great seeing you. Sorry William was so dang aggressive! And thanks for all the fun stuff you gave Jillian. Another thanks to Rosa, Mia, Breezy and my Tia for all the stuff you sent her as well. She is such a lucky girl! Also if the Jessups are following us I just want to let you know we received your package today when I got home and we just want to say thanks as well for your gift for the kids! We appreciate everything. One last thanks to the awesome Christmas card we got from the Tomookas. Great picture! So tomorrow is another busy big day. Pray she gets through the day without getting too sick!
 

2 comments:

  1. Prayers continue to flow. I thought Jillian might enjoy seeing our BIG silly dog. Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Rosemary, All of the staff here at the SM Boys and Girls Club follow your blog, we are keeping Jilly in our thoughts and prayers! Your blog is amazing, and we love the pictures, so sweet. Looking forward to the post that says she gets to go home:)
    God Bless<3

    ReplyDelete