Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Alone tonight

I finally got some time to sit down and write about our day. Jillian stayed the night at her grandmas tonight, which makes me very nervous and scared but my parents are amazing and I know she will be fine. My most concern is if she spikes a fever, we aren't very far away so even if something did happen it would take us five minutes to get to her. I showed my mom how to give her her medicine and its a bit of a relief to actually have a night off. I'm wondering how I'm going to do sleeping tonight since I have been sleeping with her for about a month now. I think I'm going to miss her more than she will miss me! But she finally has her grandma to hold her the way she likes because i just don't do it right!

I was a bit worried about her today because she just overall looks sick. Just being a mother makes you concerned when your child doesn't look right. I need to remember that she is in so many types of drugs that are just going to make her ill all day and that it is normal. But it's hard to see in her eyes that she just doesn't feel good. You want to make her feel better but the medicine that she has to take is necessary and will eventually make her feel better. She's a tough girl and will get through it.

She looks so different now. She waddles everywhere she goes because the steroids are making her tummy bigger. I was worried it was a side effect that wasnt normal and she may be backed up because some of the medicine can make you constipated but after asking a few friends whose children are going through the same thing they all say its just the steroids. She will get round in the face too. It's adorable to see her walk around all belly heavy. She doesn't look like the same girl and the steroids have changed her behaviors a bit too but she will always be our jilly bean. We're still having a hard time getting her to take her medicine. I'm hoping now that we are home that we will come up with better ways to "trick" her into taking all her meds. Any tips would be great because I'm tired of fighting with her every night!

We received a few more donations today and I wanted to say thanks to my bestest friend April for gathering up a donation for us. You are an amazing friend and its great to know I can count on you for anything! Sorry I ruined your December 30th surprise! Also to my sisters best friend Jewelee and her husband Nick and their family. Thank you so much for thinking about us and for your donation as well as to your parents Donna and Jesse, whether its for an autism walk or leukemia we can always count on all of you! AND another thanks to Cynthia and Christina Camacho and Rosie their mom for their donation to Jillian. Can't believe you sent more to her after that amazing box full of movies! So awesome! Love you all. Also we received such an amazing package before we left the hospital from Jeana Berry and her family. They sent Jillian an awesome cancer doll whose hair can be removed and it teaches her about her illness. Jillian thought it was so cool that we could remove her hair. It was so nice to show her what will happen. Thank you so very much!

2 comments:

  1. We are a family from New Life pre school and Ms. Laurie gave us this website so we could keep posted on sweet Jillian. My daughter is 4 1/2 and is in the class next door to Ms. Sheree. My daughter's class prays for Jillian every day and now we will at home as well. We are thinking of you and your family and sending you love and prayers. Tell Jillian that we hope she feels better soon and that we think she is so brave!
    Jen Kaplan (mom of Cate Kaplan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading Jen and thanks for all the prayers. Jilly is doing amazing. It's hard to see her this sick and get weaker each day but we know this is all for the best. We appreciate all the well wishes. Hope you had a great holiday! I'm hoping once Jill starts feeling better we can take a visit to her school. She misses everyone so much!

    ReplyDelete