Monday, December 24, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We are finally home. It feels so nice to be laying in my own bed (granted jilly is laying right in between us) I have a feeling Daniel and I will not be sleeping alone for a while. We have to monitor her and make sure she doesn't get a fever, if she does then we will be right back to Stanford. She is so happy to be home and was really excited to see her family. She hadn't seen her Papa since I took her in the dead of the night on December 4th and he stayed here to watch William. It feels so long ago and when I look back on how easy life was pre-leukemia, it makes me sad to know things will never be that easy again. She will be sick for a very long time and will always run the risk of being prone to cancer. Especially because of the all the chemo and drugs she is taking now, it's sad to read that the drugs that are given to her to cure her cancer can in fact give her another form of cancer! No need to dwell on that now though, it's one day at time.

So if we remain fever free then we will only need to be back to Stanford on Friday. Depending on how her counts are then, we may be able to just go up and do her treatment and then come home. I hope it's an easy day that day. Staying in the hospital is seriously exhausting. I know being home will really help her gain back her life and help her fight harder. Everyone feels better when they are home. She got to see her cat, sparkles, today and she was really happy. I swear this cat has gained ten pounds since we have been gone. Thanks to my family who have come over everyday to feed her. We are very grateful!

We got home a little later than I hoped so I had to finish up the rest of Christmas. There still were gifts that were not wrapped, I was lucky enough to be pretty much done with the kids gifts before all this mess started so tomorrow should be a good day for them. As far as Daniel and I go, we got our Christmas wish today! Our little family of four is finally back together. :-) jilly really wanted to make santa cupcakes for Christmas so we did that before bed time. Now I'm a bit sugar full from having to take bites from them because she wanted to make him four cupcakes. Cupcakes and milk this year for Santa, looks like a new tradition.

Even though we are home we could still use many of your amazing prayers (which I'm certain got us home today!) pray that Jillian remains fever free this week so she can actually spend a few days at home with her family. Pray that I paid enough attention through all my training and I will administer all her meds correctly and that I will keep her from getting an infection through her PICC line! And pray that after our induction phase is over that Jillian will be cancer free and in remission! Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes. We are so happy to be home, even of its only for a few days. Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope it's a wonderful day for you all tomorrow.

Here's jilly helping us pack, getting to the car, with her cupcakes and her huge dog her Tia ruby got her. She loves it.










No comments:

Post a Comment