Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Little Bit of History and Thanks

 
I thought before I went on with the other test results that we received about Jillian that I would give a little information on her and my family. Jillian was never prone to being sick. Ask anyone who knew her, she is an amazingly wonderful child. I couldn’t have asked for a better daughter to have in my life. As a baby she was perfect. Just being around her makes you feel special and she has a way of just making you smile. The fact that she is going through this is so heartbreaking. She is adored by the many friends and family that she has. She goes by many nicknames so if I use different names throughout our story please know they all refer to her. There is Jilly, Jilly Bean (which I like to call her) Jilly Pop (which was giving to her by her Papa) Pop (which was shortened by her Uncle Joseph) Jilly Jilly Coco Pop (which her Papa sings to her) and Jill. She loves with all her heart and her family is so very important to her. Along with her family she has her pre-school, which we are so very sad to say she will not be able to attend anymore, her teacher Miss Sheere (and all the other wonderful teachers) have taught my daughter the importance of being kind and loving Jesus. She has learned so many great values and morals that I never would have thought to teach her myself. Wait till you hear her say “I don’t like that, Please stop” something that was taught to her by Miss Sheere that just catches you off guard the first time you hear it. She’s so dang polite! We love everyone over at New Life Preschool in Pismo Beach and are very sadden to not be returning full time but will be visiting the first chance we get!
 
 

Jillian also has an amazing family who are supporting her. There are my parents, Bill and Anna Libbon who have taken the role of the parents to our son William, because we just cannot do so at this time. They take him to school, pick him up and tend to all his needs. He is Autistic and things with him can be a little more difficult. We are so lucky to have them! Then there are my sister Ruby and my brother in law Michael. Whenever there has been a time that we needed them they have been there. I don’t know what I would do without them. Since we have started this journey a week ago they have driven up twice to Stanford. Once to bring my mother and the second time to bring our son so we could visit with him for a few hours. They also, along with my mom, brought Jillian so many toys and books to entertain her for years! I also have my other sisters and their families who unfortunately live further away from us, Amy, Christina and Jennifer. They also have sent many toys and such to entertain Jillian. No matter how far they are from us I know that I can count on them and their support for anything! The second that we heard of Jillian’s diagnosis my in laws were on their way from Texas. We don’t get to see them very often but its obvious that when we need them they come! They arrived here a few days ago after driving for almost a day straight so they could see Jillian. They brought many gifts from all of our family and friends from Texas. We are so lucky to have them here with us for support and I am so happy Jillian has gotten a chance to bond with them. They are amazing people! My husband also has many brothers and sisters who have supported us along this week. Ben, Xochittle, Kilo and Cho I don’t know what Daniel would do without you in his life. You are amazing siblings and he loves you all very much! Thank you to all you Texans that have been here for us! Now I cannot forget the many many friends that Daniel and I have made over the years. From our time in the Military to our friends growing up, you all have sent prayers and support for us and we love you all! I apologize if I cannot thank everyone individually but we are lucky to have you all. And to our cousins, aunts, uncles and other relatives that are here for us. We thank you coming on this journey with us and I will keep you all informed to the best as I can. We do have some down time in between treatments so I hope I find the time! More to come!
 

3 comments:

  1. Jilly is a very special girl! It is hard to pass on all the well wishes people are sending your way but just know there are many people thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...like from me. I send you a big fat hug, girl...whether you like it OR NOT! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accept that hug Shelly :) Only because it is from you!

      Delete