Thursday, December 13, 2012

Ronald McDonald Foundation


I would like to take this time to talk about the Ronald McDonald Foundation. I had not heard much about this foundation until Jillian got sick. I was aware of them but never really knew who they helped and what they did. From what I know of the foundation now, all I have is great things to say about them! Not only is there a RMF down the street that houses parents, like myself, when they have to stay more than a few nights in the hospital and they live far away. Every Tuesday and Thursday in the hospital they come around with a cart that is filled with toys, books, movies, snacks  for the children and coffee for the parents! Jilly is always excited when the cart is here because she can go and pick something out. Today she chose a small lego toy and was allowed to choose another item, which ended up being a movie. Here she is with her loot!
 


She insisted that we do her lego toy when we got back to the room. Here is our process J



We are so happy to be involved in these many foundations that are available to families like us. It really boosts the moods of these children and allows them to feel special and by pass some of the time! There are many more foundations and programs that we will be involved with I will post on them as we go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment