Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 22

Jill and I are back up in Stanford for our first clinic day. It's been taking a while but I think it's just because its our first one. She's doing ok right now. Hooked up and about to receive her chemo. It's not a long process, just about five minutes but getting the process going is taking a while. Once we finish this then she has to get her PICC line dressing changed and that will be a huge ordeal. She's fine getting her medicine but having tape peeled off her skin is so traumatizing!

As I sit here watching her as she gets her chemo I can't help but feel like the mother from the movie "my sisters keeper". Being a cancer mom requires a lot of waiting and just supporting Jillian. It's hard to only be able to sit here and watch, I can't imagine how everything is on her. She's so amazing how she is responding to everything. If you haven't seen that movie then check it out. It's such a great movie but very sad, I doubt I will ever have the courage to watch it again now that we are living it.

We passed the room we spent almost a month in and Jillian starting crying that she wanted to go home. I felt bad for her and just kept telling her we weren't staying, just getting medicine. I know how she feels though! Her check up with the doctor went really well. Her ANC was right, I wanted to make sure it wasn't a mistake because her number went up so much. The doc said that when her bone marrow works correctly then her ANC will go up, she obviously couldn't say for sure but she thinks Jill's leukemia cells may be getting lower and lower since her count went up so much. We won't know for sure until se gets her bone marrow checked in a week but that's great news so far.

We should be heading out a Palo Alto soon. They want us to return in the middle of the week. During induction they want to see us twice a week. We only have a week left of induction so it's no big deal. Ill let everyone know how the rest of the day goes. Here's Jill on our way to Stanford and getting her chemo.



3 comments:

  1. Jillian is such a brave little girl! Rosemary you are an amazing mom!! Prayers continue for Jillian and your entire family. Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary. My name is Katy, we met at the field trip for our kids' preschool class at the pumpkin patch. I'm Jimmy's mom. I hope you don't mind that their teacher gave me this blog info so that I could get in touch with you. We have been praying for Jillian and your family since we found out. I wanted to offer my help with anything I could do for you or your family. Meals brought in, errands run, help cleaning, etc. Also, Jimmy said he misses Jillian and wanted to send a card to her, so I was hoping you would be able to tell me how best to get the card to her. Either through the school or I'll leave my email address here in case you wouldn't mind sending me your address so we could mail it to her. Please let me know if we can do anything to help you. We will continue to pray for you all! My email address is: pandacp7@hotmail.com. God Bless! Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! What great numbers!!!!! Jillian you're a champ. Rosemary, you are great too. I think you are hanging in there wonderfully. Let me know when I can bring dinner or groceries, anything you need. I am just down the street so "use me". Pls don't hesitate. Sheere sfoxmudge@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete