Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another day in Stanford

Missed a day yesterday. There wasn't too much going on. We got to spend some time with my bestest cousin Rosa and jillys cousin Mia. It was so nice to visit with them and we had a mini game night. The girls had a blast. Can't wait till we can do it again!

Today we went up to Stanford for our mid week check up. Everything went amazing! Jillys ANC went up to 2700. Which means her immune system is getting even better. Even with the chemo she received on Friday her counts still look good. Her platelets went down but that was expected with the chemo. They are still no where low enough for her to need a transfusion. She's doing so awesome. Couldn't be happier for her right now. We are going to head up again tomorrow and stay the night because her appointment on Friday for her bone marrow aspiration and lumbar puncture will be early In the morning. We decided to go up with William too and just make a day out of it. Today was exhausting for us and I was so lucky to have my oldest friend Nat volunteer to go up with me and help. It was so nice to spend the day with her and have someone (other than a four year old) to talk to. I hope you can come again soon! Daniel is off of work for the next seven days now so he will be able to head up with us. He decided to not work any overtime this week in case something happened tomorrow that needed him to stay with us. I am so happy with the schedule that he works. It's tough when he is on his 7 day work week but so nice when he is off for 7 days. It will be great to spend sometime with him his week, and have some help!

I have some more thanks yous to give out today. First one is to the amazing Boys and Girls Club. They have been gathering donations since everything started with Jillian and have managed to collect an amazing amount of money to go into her account. Everyone over at the club really went above and beyond for Jillian and we want to say thank you to all of you, from Keystone Club to Torch Club and every child and adult who chose to put their money in jillys jars instead of using it for something else. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Also to Brandi Howell who helped us out so much tonight by making us dinner! It's so nice to have food at home after a long day of traveling. I'm sure the soup will heat up nice and we are looking forward to eating left overs as well! Thank you so much.

Today has really been a long day. There's not much else to report. If I forget to give thanks to any one who deserves it I apologize. I'm trying to keep up with everyone and all the amazing things everyone has been doing for us. Sometimes it gets really overwhelming and I get forgetful. I will list all the donors we get on our donors list and that is my way of acknowledging you all with a huge thank you from us. If I forget a name please let me know! I hope everyone had an amazing New Years. Can't believe it's 2013 already. I have a feeling it's going to be a magical year!

Jilly at the hospital and with her cousin Mia. Also she colored this picture at Applebee's today. I was amazed by how well she did and wanted to share. Good night everyone!







1 comment: