Friday, January 4, 2013

Remission...?? Won't know yet.

What's one of the worst things that can happen when your daughter has a low immune system?? Getting sick! Ugh, I think I may be getting a head cold or something. Which means an even more excessive amount of hand washing and anti bacterial soap. Plus being very cautious about exposing Jill to any of my germs. The doctors never tell the parents to stay completely clear of their child when they are sick because we are their care providers. It's impossible. Luckily jillys numbers are high and she is not in any major risks if she gets sick but she will still warrant a hospital visit if she gets a fever. Hopefully I get over this soon.

Well today went pretty good. Jill did so well under anesthesia and her tests went well. They took blood and urine for the research study. Unfortunately we won't have any results of remission until next week. I was so hoping we would know something today. We finally met our primary oncologist today. She is very nice and very informative. I think it will work out nicely. She told us that she would call us tonight if there were any bad news on Jill's procedure so let's hope for no phone calls! Otherwise we will have to wait till next week.

Jill is officially off of her steroids today. Yay! Hopefully her moods will get a bit better and she will stop eating us out of house and home. I swear I have never seen a child eat this much. She is not scheduled for any more steroids until we get further into treatment. As of right now she has a week off of chemo and only takes her dasatnib and septra on the weekends. Yay for less meds. She's driving me nuts arguing with her to take her medication. We go back in on Thursday of next week to get her central port line put in. Which means no more PICC line and I won't have to worry about flushing her lines everyday. It's so stressful doing the jobs that the nurses do when we are at the hospital. I should just go to nursing school so I know I'm doing it right. So the central line is similar to her PICC line but is more permanent and gets installed in her chest. We will be able to access it to administer her meds and chemo and to take blood from. She will be able to take baths and showers without having to worry about getting it wet which is great for me. It will be so much easier. Only thing that is concerning is every time they access the line they will have to poke her to get to it. That part will be hard for her but I'm sure she will get used to it. So we will be back here Thursday and staying the night. She will start her next phase of chemo on Friday, depending on what the test results come back. We found a great hotel here which isn't too expensive and is super nice so we intend on staying here every time we come up.

We got out of the hospital fairly early today and jilly was starving because they made her fast all morning. So we had to get her fed and then we promised we would take her to chuck e cheese after. Not the greatest place to take her because of all the germs and such but we took lots of precaution to keep her sanitized. I'm sure she will be fine. We are having a nice time up here so far. We plan on staying another night to just enjoy ourselves. We are going to take the kids to San Francisco tomorrow. Jill has been talking about wanting to go to the city so since we are close we decided to just take her to SF. We may head to downtown San Jose tonight to hang out. The doctor gave us permission to take her places and do things right now because her counts are so good. It can change fast so we need to take advantage of it. Once I get some results on her tests today I will update everyone. Happy Friday.

Here are some pictures of our trip so far. My favorite picture of me and my son. Love that kid. Happy he was able to come up with us this weekend.




























1 comment:

  1. The picture of you and will just melts my heart, love love love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete