Thursday, January 10, 2013

Central Line

Jillian is officially under anesthesia right now. We drove up to Stanford last night because she had a 715 appointment. It was so adorable seeing her out under, she was giggling and smiling and then she was out. Each time she goes under it get a little easier. She responds really well to anesthesia so I'm praying this time is like the others. The only difference is this procedure is a little more intense than the others. She will be getting a tube down her throat this time around. Hoping they remove it before she wakes up. I know everything will go wonderfully and when it does it will be so much easier on both of us to take care of her line. I'm looking forward to not flushing her lines everyday. It's so stressful that they put those responsibilities on parents but i know its our job.

We came up last night with my cousin rosa and her daughter Mia. The company was great and Jillian had so much fun in the back seat with Mia. Mia's school made Jillian this AMAZING book that all the kids contributed to. Lots of pictures and just well wishes. It was so awesome to see and to realize all the prayers and thoughts she is getting from everywhere. Thank you all so much for the book. It was such a fantastic gift. I will post pictures of it soon! Mia is such a great cousin, she has been raising money on her own for Jillian. It's the sweetest thing to have children her age (7) want to help Jillian. Jilly is so loved.

This procedure should take about an hour. Daniel was not able to come up with me this time since his week on started today. We miss him when he is gone and its tough having to be the parent who does all this. Jilly misses him when he is not here but we know he is where he needs to be in order for Jillian to receive all this treatment. Somebody has to work. I'm lucky that I am a stay at home mom and I am able to be here with her without any worries. I couldn't imagine doing all this and having a job. It's a job in itself and I'm exhausted!

We will be here for another day. Jillian has clinic tomorrow and she will start her second phase of chemo. The break off was nice but we have to get back to it. We received blood results back from when she was tested on Tuesday. Her ANC went down to 1400 but its expected. It hard to see her numbers go lower but 1400 is still good. We have to stay positive. Her hemoglobin was low and they considered giving her a transfusion which meant heading up to Stanford earlier. They asked me how her behavior was and the night before she was having a dance party with my mom, so hearing that they decided she would be fine until we came up today. It was super funny. This girl is amazing. Even when her counts are down she is still full of life. Her white blood count went up which is always good and her platelets stayed the same. Even though we had some lower numbers I am still happy with how she is doing.

I will continue to update you all today on her progress. I leave you with the most recent pictures I have of the last week. She had a great one but its time to get back to business. I know she's going to rock this next phase of chemo.









No comments:

Post a Comment