Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We're neutropenic

Had a nice visit up to Stanford this week. Got some not so great results but the trip went well. As of right now Jillian has low counts. Her ANC is at 290, it went way down. Her hemoglobin was low enough to warrant a transfusion so here we are this morning at Sierra Vista waiting to get some blood. She is not running a fever so we didn't have to stay in Stanford but if she gets a fever then she will be admitted. We are so happy to have the facilities here in SLO to get her the medical treatment she needs such as a transfusion. So happy we didn't have to stay in Stanford for the week. They left Jill accessed on her port and she will probably remain accessed for the remainder of her treatment because she needs a certain medicine that can only be administered through her port. Which means more work for me!

Jill had a rough night last night. She threw up her last chemo for the night so we had to give it to her again. Then she woke up a few times vomiting. Lots of back rubbing and blanket washing. She then woke up this morning screaming about leg pain and wanting Tylenol. She had about a 30 minute melt down about wanting the medicine but screaming that it was yucky. I, myself, was not quiet awake yet so I just sat there listening and watching her scream as she battled with herself on whether or not she wanted to take her medicine or just deal with the leg pain. Exhausting morning and we were actually a bit late to the hospital. I just need a nap.

Her transfusion is going to take a little while but Daniel is here with us and we are so close to home so it doesn't seem so bad. William has a dentist appointment today too so I will be leaving here to take him there if Jill is not finished yet. It should be a not too busy week since Jill's counts re low. She will have to stay inside and away from most people this week until her counts go up. We do more blood work on Monday and the. She has another lumbar puncture on Tuesday pending her blood results. It's good that her counts are low right now because it means the chemo is working.

She's doing good still. We are just hanging out here until her blood comes in. It should be a mellow week, looking forward to it!



1 comment:

  1. I'm sad to hear that Jillian's ANC has gone down. I'll be praying for good results tomorrow. I love the picture of the two of you posted this day. Let me know when I can bring the present that I have for Jilly and what else I can do to help. It sounds like you need a break. If I can do that please let me know. Blessings, Sheere

    ReplyDelete