Monday, March 25, 2013

Fantastic fantastic fantastic news today!!

Soooooo!!! Fantastic news today! Jillian and I had a doctors appointment and labs today. Her counts came back pretty normal other than her ANC of course. Her ANC came back 16 which is pretty normal for where she is at during treatment. But today her oncologist told us that Jillian's mrd results that we have been waiting for for quiet some time has finally come back! And they came back NEGATIVE! Which basically means that Jillian is in complete remission. It's a little hard to explain exactly what it means but since the MRD is negative we can now rest assure that we are going in the right direction. We do not need to start thinking about doing a bone marrow transplant now. If her MRD came back positive then we would have most likely changed her protocol and started the stem cell transplant protocol. So it's great news! We have been waiting on these results since we first heard Jillian had leukemia. It's such a relief and we are so happy to know that Jillian is responding exactly how all the doctors want her to respond to treatment. It makes all this even more worth it! So thank you all for all your prayers!

So we got discharged from the hospital yesterday. We actually got to visit with my sister, mom and brother law and jilly got to see her cousin this weekend. It was so great having some of my family here. Jill and I really needed to see familiar faces. It gets a bit lonely here just her and I. We had a lot fun seeing all of them and we can't wait for them to come back! Jillian is doing great since being in the hospital. They think she may have an infection that could be causing some of her symptoms so they are putting her on some antibiotics to help prevent anything serious. But as of right now she is great!

We had a fundraiser that happened this weekend that I wasn't able to promote as much as I should have. My husbands old work put on rummage sale back at the apartments that we used to live at in paso Robles. They did so well at the sale! Thank you to Deanna, Veronica , Theresa and Kim Gaspar. The whole community came together and showed up for Jillian! Can't believe how well you did and how much effort you put towards helping our family! We are so blessed to know you all!

Also my Moz side if the family are doing a fundraiser today for Jillian. They came together and made tons of tamales to sell for her. Even though it has been years and years since i have seen my family and most of them I have never met, they still came together to help. I hope one day when Jillian is cancer free and doing awesome we can bring her up to meet you all! Thank you to everyone!

She got a bunch of stuff this weekend from many people! The Camachos sent her tons of film for her camera and man have we used that up! Also her grandma sent her film, a video game and tons of stickers and supplies for the smash book. My sister and brother in law also brought her up a bunch supplies for the book. Thank so much! She received a box full of activities and supplies from my cousins Diana and Amanda. It will keep her occupied for sometime. It's so nice to have a bunch of stuff to do with her. And today she received a packaged from one of my old Senior Chiefs from when I was in the Navy. Tom Forehand sent her tons of stickers and color stuff. She had fun going through all her stuff and have already started using everything! I am so grateful that the short time I spent in the military has left my husband and I with life long friends. They are all amazing!

Thanks to everyone for everything. And to everyone who are still donating to jilly through pay pal. Every little bit helps! Please know that the pay pal account is still up and running and any donations can be made there! Hope everyone is well!







2 comments:

  1. Great news!!! Love to Jillian from Ms. Sheere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is awesome! Jillian is a so brave and is so blessed to have the best parents, brother and grandparents in the world. You have an awesome extended family too! BTW, Jillian is just too cute and I love her beautiful smile. Jillian, you are my HERO!!!! Continued prayers going your way. Wanda

    ReplyDelete