Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A bitter sweet day

Jill's counts came back great yesterday. Her ANC jumped to 1500 which means tomorrow starts our three month journey in Stanford. She is scheduled for her bone marrow aspiration and lumbar puncture tomorrow. They will be giving her three different types of chemo in her spine during this procedure. This is just part of her ALL protocol and would have happened even if she was not high risk with the Philadelphia chromosome. As always jilly is super excited about heading up there. I think she may be having too much fun while we are there. Lol I may have to dial down the fun so she won't want to stay there forever!! :-) usually after a week or so she is ready to come home though.

I do find this day to be a bit bitter sweet. We are so happy that her body has FINALLY recovered from the last dose of chemo and that she is as healthy as we can hope for right now. But it is sad to know that we will be leaving our boys for a very long time. Although we are all prepared for this it will still be very hard being away for so long. I'm hoping that Daniel and William will have fun together here with it just being them two.

I bought Jillian a smash book yesterday. I was thinking it would be really cool to help her document her time in the hospital. I'm going to have her take all the pictures that she wants and decorate her smash book with them. She is constantly getting stickers whenever she goes to the doctor so this will be a great place to put all those stickers! So if anyone is interested in donating some cool supplies for Jill's smash book let me know and I can send you our address if you want to send some stuff up! The more stuff she has the more fun it will be. I'm excited to see how it turns out. We may have to get her a few books during this journey.

I'm pretty certain that I will bringing back a bald headed child when we get back. I have a feeling that consolidation is going to do in her hair. She is prepared to be bald and we are planning on taking some really cute pictures when she loses all her hair. It should be adorable.

Now is the time for me to brag about my amazing son. Yesterday we caught him spelling out words with his magnetic letters. It was so cool to see that he is able to do this. We are not sure why he spelled out what he did but hey, it was a whole word and that's amazing!! Ill post the picture of it!

Wish us luck this next three months and send all the prayers you can. She will do just great, we know it!!

2 comments:

  1. Great job William! Continued prayers to Jillian and your whole family. God is a healer!
    Take care, Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warrior baby girl. ..we are all pulling for you! ! God bless you from the top of your head to the souls of your feet!

    ReplyDelete